Saturday, September 9, 2017

3D Roses Birthday card

I decided to make some 3-D roses from one of my diecuts today.   It's been along time since I've tried this technique... I always love the outcome.
For each 3-D flower I cut two flat flowers and then trimmed petals out of them as you see in the picture.   The first one I trimmed out one petal, the second one I trimmed out to petals.    I inked the top edges and then rolled them together and adhered the sides forming like a cone for each.   I used my piercing tool on the edge to curl the outer petals to give more dimension.   Then you simply start stacking them together starting with the smallest and putting it inside the next and gluing them all together.   I did this three times to create the three different flowers.
For the main card layer I used a purple that was already embossed card stock.    I used two of my postage stamp dies to cut the black postage stamp shapes in two different sizes.   I measured the inner part of the rectangles so that I could add a rectangle on top of each.   I used my SNC2 to cut out those Straight rectangles, one out of a pattern paper from Recollections - all girl stack &  The other out of plain white paper for stamping.  I stamped happy birthday from HOTP - birthday cheers stamp set with Memento Tuxedo black ink\,  I then colored in the word birthday in with my Spectrum Noir marker LV2.  Under the roses I placed a purple Star flower cluster diecut from Sue Wilson.   I used my hot glue gun to attach the 3-D roses onto the card,  I then sprayed the entire card front with perfect pearls mists – interference red ... which is more of a pink tone really.  I also sprayed the  happy birthday stamped diecut with the same perfect pearls mists.   I then ruffled the corners of the white rectangle to give it a more worn-distressed look.   I used foam tape to pop up that entire smaller postage stamp shape.   Below that I added three glittery black enamel dots.
 For the inside I cut two more of the same postage stamp shapes one in white for stamping the other in the same pattern paper as the front.   I inked both shapes edges in a light lilac color.   I stamped wishing you a beautiful day from HOTP – Lacy things  stamp set.  I die cut a flower from the star flower clusters Die set,  only this time I just cut the flower that I didn't use before and not the entire cluster.   I stacked and adhered the three layers for the flower and then added the same glitter enamel dots for the center.

I am entering into these fun challenges:
Simon Says Monday: STAMPtember® Stamp It
Sketch and Color Challenge #72 – (I Chose Sketch)
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #12
Scrapy Land {Challenge #73}
FFC #205 Always Anything Goes & 2 Sponsors!!
Challenge #80 - Die Cut Handmade Flowers
Connie Can Crop Challenge #62 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I'm up to my craft room.

13 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your roses are beautiful. Such a lovely birthday card.

Darlene said...

Your flowers are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing details! Beautiful creation ... Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Die Cut Handmade Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Stunning flowers!! Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Katydid Cards said...

Wow, this is a beauty. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge. Good luck!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT details and layering! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stamp It” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the beautiful flower. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Sherry said...

Beautiful Roses n I love purple beautiful card thanxx for sharing at Jo's Scrapshack
Sherry Lynn
Dt-JSS

Kathy Krug said...

Gorgeous flowers and great layout for this birthday card. Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Diane said...

Very pretty flowers and card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, Eva!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the colors!! Gorgeous, my friend!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

so pretty! Thank you for joining Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge!

vicky's scrapping passion said...

LoveLy card. Thank you for adding the method for the making the flowers. Cool. Tfs and for participating in Connie's "Anything goes" challenge this month. Hope to see you work again. Good luck

Tiggerscraps said...

What a beautiful card! I love seeing a friend! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop, I hope you will join us again this month, it's all about die cuts!
Marji DT