Monday, September 4, 2017

Mummy Wobble Easel Card

I was inspired to create this card by Mary over at cardzTV.com    I was looking for a really cool card to make with an action wobble and I found a similar one she made years ago.  I decided to make mine into an Easel card.  This is my very first action wobble card ever and I am hooked!
I cut an A-2 size easel card base out of black.  I then cut a single A-2 size panel out of black to finish the card base.   I found some cool Halloween pattern paper in my Scrap bin with moons and stars thought that would make a good backdrop for him.  I used my Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes rectangle to cut out that panel.  I then grabbed some Ivory card stock and used the same stitched rectangle to cut that one out, this time I used my craftin desert divas outdoor landscape die to cut off most of the panel to make it into a hill.  The fence & grass I cut two of each with metal dies to line up at the base of the hill.   I cut the adorable Mummy from Cricut -  paper doll dress up cartridge.   Originally I cut him in a dark gray color with the doll layer behind in black....  but I didn't really like the way it looked so I cut the top Layer again in white and used a gray chalk to go over all of the cutlines.   I really really like how he turned out!  

I added an action wobble behind him so that he wobbles back-and-forth.   I will try to figure out how to get my little mini video I took with my phone showing him in action and add later to this post if I can.
For the bottom framed happy Halloween that holds the card open ...  I found this just as is in one of my Halloween paper pads and I hand cut it out, Might be K&Co... I only have pieces and few pages left so not sure lol.   I then placed it on a black card stock traced it and then hand cut that out as well and adhered the two together for better support.   I then placed on 4 foam squares  to pop it up so it can hold the card in the open position.
For the upper portion inside...  I cut a white card stock with one of my pierced rectangle cutting dies.  I then found another cute label in that same paper pad that I hand cut out and placed inside my card for the sentiment.   What a fun not scary at all interactive Halloween card for one of my grandkids this year 😊

 I will be entering into these fun challenges:
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #10
Simon Says Wednesday: Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - FFC # 204 Always Anything Goes -Multi-Sponsor Challenge!
DL.ART September Linky Challenge

Thanks for stopping by my craft room to see what I'm up to today!

4 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

THis is FANTASTIC! Super FUN Halloween Easel card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Gayatri said...

Such a fantastic card. Love it. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Heather said...

Super cute!! And how fun that it wobbles!! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Lori Kobular said...

I love Halloween cards and this one is adorable with that cute little wobble Mummy!! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!